Your personal information
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How we collect personal information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- Ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- make an enquiry about our services;
- visit our website; or
- become a customer or shareholder of the company.
What we do with this information
- First and foremost, communicating with you and providing you with the information, products or services requested by you;
- Managing our business so that we can more accurately tailor information, products and services we provide for repeat and future customers; and
- Complying with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- Copies of correspondence sent from the website, that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up
- purposes only. You should be aware that we may use your email address to contact you in the future. We will not pass your details on to third parties.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You should be aware that Kirby Institute may use your email address to contact you in the future. We will not pass on your details to third parties.
Kirby Institute strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other websites
Kirby Institute provides links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third-party websites. These linked websites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Further privacy information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.privacy.gov.au or call 1300 363 992.